Monday, June 30, 2008


The duel results are in!!

After much hemming and hawing, I finally finished this diaper bag for my sister-in-law. I was apprehensive due to difficulty with a previous diaper bag, but this pattern proved much more clear, despite the challenges provided by new (to me) interfacing.

I was dumb, and in a hurry, so I forgot to take photos of the inside. It is lined in aqua cotton twill, and provides pockets-a-plenty, and a swivel clasp to keep keys handy.

I chose the fabric based on colors I've seen her wear frequently, and thought it would be nice to have a stylish diaper bag, rather than one that is more for baby than mom. I like to think I succeeded, and judging the reaction at her baby shower, I think I succeeded.

Overall, there were some challenges, but I learned lots of things!

Now, we must wait and see for Proptart's response to the duel!!

1 comment:

raven said...

By the way, the bag is from Butterick pattern B4560. I do recommend it, though I would sew the flap velcro on the lining of the flap before assembling the flap so you don't have stitching showing on the top. Also, I would use wider bias tape for the shoulder pad, as the recommended size was a bit narrow for the thickness of the fabric and fusible fleece.

That's all :)